Sunday, July 24, 2016

Family Movie Night- Aladdin

We love family movie night around here. It's just a good chance to slow down, relax together and create some fun memories. Since we are such huge fans of the Mouse, it's usually a Disney movie. I always try to make something fun for the boys to eat, and I'm fortunate that they are really good eaters who will try lots of new things. Tonight we did Aladdin


I love this movie, I can remember watching it with my friends when I was not much older than the lost boys. Since its an Arabian movie, I wanted the food to be along the same theme. We spent the entire day at the local amusement park riding roller coasters and water slides so I knew I wasn't going to want to make anything too involved so I hit the olive bar at the grocery store for olives, stuffed grape leaves, hummus and pitas. And Of Course we had to throw some of Abu's stolen apples on the plate.


For dinner I got them some curly fries, they are twisted like Jafar :) I also used the rest of the pitas and stuffed them with meatballs (frozen...cause remember the roller coasters??)


Dessert is what I was most excited about. We made magic carpets! I spread some softened vanilla ice cream over graham crackers before we started dinner and tossed them in the freezer so the ice cream could harden.


And here is where all of the adult stomachs will turn... I let them use nerds and M&Ms and sour ropes to decorate their carpet. Then I let them have a little chocolate sauce.... I thought it was super gross. But the lost boys did not agree!



see ya real soon!

-C






No comments:

Post a Comment