Monday, July 11, 2016

Chocolate peanut butter grahams

So I love Goofy's candy company, and Main Street Bakery. They have these amazing cookies that I buy in bulk on each trip and freeze at home to hold me over until I get back to the happiest (and tastiest!) place on earth.

On my next trip I'm so excited to try the chocolate covered peanut butter graham sandwiches. In fact I'm so excited that I decided to try to recreate them here at home.  This treat is basically a graham cracker dipped in melted chocolate, then coated with peanut butter and dipped in chocolate again. I mean, how does it get better than that??

I started with some chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler


And lets be honest, once it got to this point it was tough not to just stick my head in the bowl!


The monkey man was kind enough to break my grahams in half for me so that I could keep stirring and start dipping



They weren't too pretty after the first dip but I thought I could probably fix that on the second coat (you will see that I was wrong....)

After this I divided them in half and did peanut butter for my monkey and almond butter for the little allergic bear.

One more dip in the bowl of melted chocolate and this was the finished product. Still not pretty....


but they were gone before that mattered!





No comments:

Post a Comment