Saturday, June 11, 2016

Park Photography Tips- get memory maker


In this series I will give some park photography tips. I am in no way a professional when it comes to taking pictures, but I have managed to create some magic in Disney parks. Most of that magic came when I put the camera away and got to live in the moment with my family and let someone else do the work.

Get Memory Maker

When traveling with family its easy to snap lots of great shots of the people in your group....let's be honest here, if you're the mom, it's easy to snap great shots of just the OTHER people in your group!
When I sat down to look at the photos of our last family trip, I noticed that at least 3/4 of the shots I was in were selfies!

Enter Disney photopass photographers and Memory Maker!
The Memory Maker package is just $149 when you pre-purchase it before your trip, which actually seemed like a pretty steep price to this frugal princess, but after I got home and looked at the beautiful photos captured by the photographers I wish I had paid the price and had access to those memories without the watermarks. Sure, you can purchase the photos individually, but at $15 each I couldn't pull the trigger on that.
The Disney parks photographers are always happy to take photos of your party with your camera or cell phone, but they take their shots first. We all know that with kids, the photograph stamina runs out quickly! Also, all of the great candid stuff, like that first moment when they meet their favorite character, is going to be on the park photographers camera. We got some nice posed shots on our media, but we missed the moments like this....


The other thing you're going to want that comes with Memory Maker are all of the ride photos. I will be honest here and tell you that I never thought I would be a ride photo girl, my mind was changed by the precious, excited, terrified expressions of my boys.  You will notice a lot of people snapping photos of the screen display in the gift shop, but how can you live with this grainy image of your child's face the first time they ride Everest??


 Or the fifth time that they ride??


The victory on their little faces when they conquer a ride that used to scare them is priceless. A screen shot simply won't do.





It's clear that these photos that are full of potential don't make for good blog photography. They aren't scrapbook quality or "mantle material." In my next entry I will showcase some great shots that came with my Memory Maker package along with tips on how to get the most for your money when you purchase it.


See ya real soon!






No comments:

Post a Comment