Saturday, June 18, 2016

Family Movie Night

Around here we love a good family movie night. We usually watch a Disney movie (I will pause here so you can get over your shock) and I try to make some kind of food that goes with whatever we are watching. With Mulan we had fried rice, Lilo and Stitch was Hawaiian pizza....you get the gist.
Last night we broke with Disney Tradition and watched a movie that I've been anxiously waiting to show my boys pretty much since we brought them home from the hospital.
Ahhh, the classics, am I right?

Bear is a huge baseball fan, the soundtrack of my life is a ball bouncing off my living room wall and hitting his glove over, and over, and over, and over.......  So I was super excited for him to watch this.
Monkey Man isn't quite as into the sport but I knew he would get a kick out of the predicament the boys get themselves into and all their crazy plans.


I really couldn't come up with a themed dinner for this one, but I have known for ages what I would make for dessert.

S'mores brownies!

I added melted butter to the graham cracker crumbs to create a crust at the bottom of my brownie pan
Then I mixed the brownies according to the directions and put them in the oven. About 3/4 of the way through the baking process I pulled them out and topped them with marshmallows. They came out pretty great!









No comments:

Post a Comment