Friday, June 17, 2016

Park Photography Tips- Character photos

Ok I have to say it....I LOVE CHARACTER PHOTOS!! I love the magic of Disney park characters, I love their authenticity and joy. I love the way they interact with kids and grown-ups alike. There are a few tips to getting the extra special shots, rather than just the "I posed with Mickey" variety. And as always, my top tip is Memory Maker, mostly because they get all the first interaction shots and while you could take those yourself, with Memory Maker you actually get to be in the memory instead of just watching it from behind your camera, which I think is just so important. I love pictures and I love to have a million memories captured but life is so much brighter when you aren't looking at it through a lens.

So now that I've climbed back down off my soap box....

You are, of course, going to want the formally posed shots of your family with your favorite characters.


I'm obviously a big fan of Alice, we got this shot on one of our annual fall vacations, I'm waiting to catch her with the Mad Hatter...he's my fave.

My hubby and the lost boys love The Jungle Book, this is a shot taken with my phone by one of the character handlers.

For me the most fun shots are the candid ones. Even if you can't see their faces, you just have to love the first time your little ones get to hug one of their heroes.


One of the best ways to get a good character experience is to find some common ground with the character, and talk to them....even if they aren't "face characters" (the characters who talk) they still really get into the conversation. You'd be surprised at how many ways they can communicate without words.


On one trip I decorated our magic bands...in this shot Tigger notices the magic band that is decorated in his honor.

And he makes sure everyone knows how much he loves it, in his own bouncy-trouncy way of course!


We met Peter on a birthday trip. Peter makes a big deal out of a birthday...because he HATES them!Birthdays mean you're growing up, after all. Here he is giving us a lecture about the horrors of becoming a grown-up. I hope he got through to my biggest lost boy...cause he's growing up to fast!


If you want a specific shot, the characters will almost always do it....as long as it is appropriate and something relatable to their world. The princesses, for instance wouldn't do a Charlie's Angels pose with you, because they don't know who Charlie's Angels are. But Pan...he will DEFINITELY do a Pan pose with you. Especial if you have the pose painted on your shirt!


I love character kisses, myself.



The main thing is just to get into it and have fun, even though you're a "grown up"...because where else are you going to get to have a chipmunk dance party?

or be intimidated by the dark side??



Or get tackled by one of your childhood faves??



Or take a selfie with the boy who never grew up??

 Get into the magic and have fun!!


See ya real soon!














No comments:

Post a Comment